Stu: We connected with our mate Alexx Stuart recently, she’s a true health crusader and creator of the ‘Low tox life’. This means a chemical free lifestyle with deeply nourishing ‘slow’ food and a stress free mind. Alexx created an amazing breakfast recipe that we just had to share, over to Alexx…
Alexx: It’s a great way to get great nutrition at the breakfast table without having to do a whole lot of work! Certainly not more than a minute’s work more than serving up cereal and milk. And then no need to work on or pay for lots of mid morning snacks – winning!
- 100g 180 Nutrition Whey or Vegan Pea Protein chocolate or coconut powders (I use the coconut so the fruit flavours can come through when I do this!)
- 2 large over ripe bananas, peeled, cut in chunks and frozen to use for this recipe.
- 100g frozen berries
- 100g coconut yoghurt (or regular yoghurt if you enjoy / can have it)
- 50ml water, milk, coconut milk or nut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor or thermomix type contraption on high and after 15 seconds, scrape down the sides and keep going until you have an ultra thick, soft-serve texture happening.
- The coconut flour can make it grainy if you over mix this, so mix literally JUST until it’s all combined and then serve so it’s silky and delicious.
- You can hold some of the 180Nutrition mix back and sprinkle on top too for a creamier ice cream and more of a nourishing topping vibe.
- Have a play with the ratios and way you fancy using it.
- Garnish with toasted seeds, buckwheat kernels, berries or nothing.