Lynda: If you are after a smoothie that packs a creamy and naturally sweet punch, this baby is for you. I have added green banana flour, a resistant starch that nourishes the gut flora and coriander seeds to help break down foods well and reduce any common digestive complaints such as flatulence and wind. This smoothie is a seriously healthy winner.
- 2 chunks banana (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 rockmelon (honeydew melon can be used instead)
- 1 tsp organic green banana flour
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 scoop 180 Nutrition superfood protein (Chocolate vegan)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut
- Handful of ice cubes
- 1/2 cup purified water
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy.
- Please note that creamed coconut is different to coconut cream. It is sweeter. Slightly addictive :) and tends to stick to the sides of the blender. Well worth the effort.
- Serves 1
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.