Lynda: A power packed healthy dessert or breakfast. This recipe is super delicious, simple to make and contains loads of antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats and alkalising greens. The perfect alternative to the chemical and sugar rich conventional types.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao (I use Organic Cacao by 180 Nutrition)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or 3 scoops 180 Nutrition Protein Superfood coconut for extra protein)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops Greens Plus Powder by 180 Nutrition (optional)
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup purified water (or more if required)
- 1/4 cup whole almond
- Add 1 tsp Organic Vanilla powder or 1 extra tbsp rice malt syrup for a sweeter version
- Drain cashews and place in blender.
- Add remainder of ingredients except whole almonds and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add whole almonds and blend for a very short time. Until the almonds are slightly crushed so that you have chunks remaining in the mix.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Defrost half an hour before eating and enjoy.
- Serves 8-10
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.