Lynda: Going grain and gluten free does not mean that you need to avoid pizza. Well not in my world. This delicious recipe is guilt free, packed full of nutrients and is without grain or gluten so easy on your digestive system. Once you get the hang of making the base it is quite simple to put together and makes the kitchen smell amazing. Give it a try. Please note that you may need a knife and fork as the base is not as firm as gluten based pizzas.
Ingredients for Base
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or 2 scoops of 180 Nutrition Vegan Coconut)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (optional)
Method for Base
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop Cauliflower into big chunks. Steam until soft.
- Place Cauli into a cheesecloth or almond milk bag and squeeze liquid out of the cauli.
- Place cauliflower and remainder of ingredients into a large bowel and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread base mixture. Medium thickness.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato
- 1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Method for Sauce
- Blend all ingredients together and spread thinly onto base of pizza.
Ingredients for Topping
You can alter the toppings to suite your taste. Get Creative :)
- 5 Gluten Free Sausages, sliced (I often use the brand Nonna’s)
- 2 tbsp sliced pancetta or gluten free bacon (optional)
- 1/2 Red Capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Goats cheese fetta, Renin free
- 1/2 Brown Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried or Fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (ghee or butter)
Method for Topping
- Pan fry sliced sausage and onion in coconut oil for 2 minutes until slightly brown.
- Spread sausage, onion and remaining vegetables as you wish on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Enjoy thoroughly.
Serves 8-10 or 4 hungry folk
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.
Order 180 for your recipes here