Are you suffering from constipation? Here are some steps you can take daily to improve constipation.
1. Increase your daily fibre intake. This one is so important and very under-estimated. Stodgy cereal and bread just won’t cut it. Get real fibre rich foods like psyllium husk. We always recommend our 180 Natural protein SuperFood to meet your fibre needs.
2. Reduce your intake of highly refined and processed foods. No brainer really, but it seems most of society tucks into processed foods these days.
3. Make sure you drink six to eight glasses of water a day, but avoid sugary drinks and limit drinks containing caffeine or alcohol.
4. Do not use stimulant laxatives persistently, because the bowel will become lazy and won’t function without them. A great way to improve peristalsis is through exercise like weight training which increases contraction over time through deep breathing and core tension.
5. Do not ignore the urge to move your bowels. The longer the faeces remain, the drier and harder they will become and try to have a regular routine in which you go to the toilet at the same time every day.