Guy: Have you ever wondered if running is actually effective for weight loss? Are the people you see pounding the streets looking to shed excess body fat going about it the wrong way?
This is a 2 minute video from our interview with South African running legend Professor Tim Noakes. A Health professor of exercise and sport science at the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
Full Interview – Professor Tim Noakes: The Exercise & Carbohydrate Myth
- Why Tim famously changed his views on carb’ loading for running [005:01]
- Is running effective for weight loss? [013:09]
- What Tim eats before & after exercise [016:28]
- His thoughts on CrossFit & if low carb’ applies? [021:45]
- Tim’s thoughts on endurance exercise/running reducing life expectancy [027:38]
- Swimming one mile at the north Pole in 1.8 degrees water temp’ [039:45]
- and much more…
You can follow Professor Tim Noakes:
You can view all Health Session episodes here.
Did you enjoy the interview with Professor Tim Noakes? Would love to hear you thoughts in the comments section below… Guy