Stu: Soup is a no-brainer during the colder months but can often be lacking key nutrients. Here’s our take on a quick 10-minute healthy tomato soup with the added benefit of collagen protein which gives the traditional tomato recipe souper-powers (excuse the pun). Collagen powder mixes easily into hot dishes, is unflavoured, adds valuable protein and is beneficial for joints, gut and skin health 🙂
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 standard can of whole tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 heaped teaspoons (20g) Collagen Powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sprinkle of chili flakes
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until nice and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite grain-free bread
Learn more about the 5 benefits of taking a collagen supplement here.