Lynda: There’s always a good time for tahini. This side dish or dip is super rich in healthy fats, protein and fibre. Chickpeas is a decent source of resistant starch making it great food (fertiliser for the gut flora) when had in small amounts.
- 1 can organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained (approx 400g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- Topping options – smoked paprika, toasted pine nuts, sprinkle of olive oil
- Blend all ingredients except water in a high powered blender or food processor. I use Biochef Nutriboost Bullet.
- Add water if you prefer a creamier, smoother consistency.
- Garnish with selected topping. Serve immediately.
- Can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Hummus is perfectly paired with Chicken Capsicum Boats