Angeline: I purposely only used 4 ingredients to show how easy it is to make these snacks (but you can be as creative as you like with these). They are an ideal choice in between meals and also help curb the 3pm sugar cravings.
We use rice malt as it is fructose free (very important).
- 6 x 40g serves of Superfood Protein Blend
- 3 x melted dessert spoons of coconut oil
- 2-4 dessert spoons rice malt syrup
- 80g puffed amaranth (it’s grain free & gluten free)
Method (Makes 10-12 protein balls):
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then pour the melted coconut oil and rice syrup and roll into small balls. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- You can also keep in the freezer and take them out as you need them throughout the week.