Stu: Big thanks to our team who spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking this Banana Walnut Protein Loaf using our new Natural Whey Protein Isolate. The loaf tasted delicious and makes an ideal snack when the hunger pangs strike.
- 3 x ripe bananas
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 x egg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups of your choice of flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup 180 Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate Natural
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g 70% quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line bread loaf tin with baking paper or grease non-stick loaf pan.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add maple syrup, egg, olive oil and vanilla essence. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine, flour, baking soda, Whey Protein, walnuts, pepitas, cinnamon and dark chocolate.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into lined bread tin.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minute or until brown on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Tip: for extra protein serve with cottage cheese