180 Ambassador – Angeline Norton: These are my go to healthy treats that can be whipped up in seriously no time even when I’m trying to wrangle my toddler or feed my infant! They taste surprisingly like the real thing but without all the nasties and refine sugar. Give them a go!
- 21/2 cups of organic shredded coconut
- 2 large tablespoons of rice malt syrup (or I like to use Natvia sweetener)
- 2 large tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of good quality vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of 180 Nutrition Raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of Rice malt syrup
- Add shredded coconut, milk, rice syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla to the food processor.
- Blend until the mixture hangs together and forms a coarse consistency (a bit like a bounty bar texture).
- Roll the coconut mixture into small round bars and place them in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
- In a double boiler add the chocolate coating ingredients. Stir gently until the ingredients are melted and well combined. Leave to cool for approximately 10 minutes (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Remove the coconut bars from the freezer and drop them into the chocolate mixture (1 or 2 at a time) to ensure they we well coated.
- Take bars out of the chocolate mixture and put them onto a tray lined with baking paper. They should set almost immediately.
- Keep refrigerated.