Stu: We connected with our mate Alexx Stuart recently, she’s a true health crusader and creator of the ‘Low tox life’. This means a chemical free lifestyle with deeply nourishing ‘slow’ food and a stress free mind. Alexx created an amazing breakfast recipe that we just had to share, over to Alexx…
Alexx: It’s a great way to get great nutrition at the breakfast table without having to do a whole lot of work! Certainly not more than a minute’s work more than serving up cereal and milk. And then no need to work on or pay for lots of mid morning snacks – winning!
- 100g 180 Nutrition Whey or Vegan Pea Protein chocolate or coconut powders (I use the coconut so the fruit flavours can come through when I do this!)
- 2 large over ripe bananas, peeled, cut in chunks and frozen to use for this recipe.
- 100g frozen berries
- 100g coconut yoghurt (or regular yoghurt if you enjoy / can have it)
- 50ml water, milk, coconut milk or nut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor or thermomix type contraption on high and after 15 seconds, scrape down the sides and keep going until you have an ultra thick, soft-serve texture happening.
- The coconut flour can make it grainy if you over mix this, so mix literally JUST until it’s all combined and then serve so it’s silky and delicious.
- You can hold some of the 180Nutrition mix back and sprinkle on top too for a creamier ice cream and more of a nourishing topping vibe.
- Have a play with the ratios and way you fancy using it.
- Garnish with toasted seeds, buckwheat kernels, berries or nothing.
Big thanks to Alexx Stuart from Low Tox Life for the recipe.
Start adding the 180 Superfood goodness into your diet today