Angela: I love this granola recipe as it’s free from vegetable oils, high in protein, fructose and gluten free. Give it a go, it’s super easy and yummy!
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 scoops 180 Nutrition Protein Superfood (I used Vegan Coconut)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or currants (optional)
- 1/3 cup cashews or pecans
- Preheat oven to 160C, line large baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, mix well buckwheat groats, protein superfood, cinnamon and salt
- Pour in rice malt syrup and coconut oil
- Mix well until clumpy granola bits are formed
- Add dried fruits and nuts
- Spread evenly on baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool before storing in tight‐lid container.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups
- Enjoy with fruit (berries are our favourite) and your choice of yoghurt or milk
- Top up your smoothies with protein granola
- Portion in zip lock bag for an easy and healthy snack‐on‐the‐go