Lynda: This recipe gives you the crispy skin and sweet taste without the excess sugar from conventional sweet chilli sauce. It is a great meal to share with friends and so damn easy to make. A new favourite I think 🙂
- 1.5 kg whole snapper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh lemongrass
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (or 1 tsp ground coriander)
- 2-3 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fish sauce (buy the one which only has anchovy and sea salt)
- 1 tbsp organic rice malt
- 1 tbsp ginger, crushed and chopped finely (I use a mortar and pestle)
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together except whole snapper.
- Pour mixture over fish, making sure that both sides of the fish are covered.
- Place fish on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake fish for 35minutes uncovered.
- Enjoy with Asian slaw or Sautéed Broccoli and Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup kale, sliced finely
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1/4 white cabbage, sliced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- Combine all ingredients together well and enjoy.
- I like to make this salad and leave it for a couple of hours so that the flavours develop and the kale softens.
- Serves 2-3 hungry people