Lynda: There is so much goodness going on in this salad that I can not possibly talk about the entire nutritional profile of all the ingredients. What I will focus on, is shiitake mushrooms, pecans and rocket (otherwise known as arugula). Aside from adding delicious flavour, pecans are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Rocket is a fabulous bitter, leafy green that promotes healthy breakdown of foods in the gut and shiitake supports the immune system making it a great addition for anyone who may be prone to frequent colds and flus.
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 red capsicum, chopped roughly
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 celery stalk, sliced thinly
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced) or normal mushrooms
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp roasted pecans (see super easy recipe here)
- 1 palm portion of a protein. (I have used leftover organic chicken)
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl, serve up and enjoy.
- Serves 1.