Stu: This recipe is perfect for the person who wants to enjoy a quick, healthy snack, dessert or breakfast on the run without the extra sugar from dates. These protein balls are packed full of healthy fats, protein, fibre and antioxidants, making them a well balanced and filling bite. Did you know that aside from their delicious, buttery taste, macadamias have around the same amount of the health promoting monounsaturated fat, oleic acid as olives. Impressive I know.
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 3 Scoops 180 Superfood Protein Blend
- 1/4 cup Ground Macadamias
- 1/4 Cup Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- Grind macadamia nuts until it becomes a sticky, crumbly consistency.
- Combine the ground macadamias with all ingredients except coconut and mix well. Use more tahini if mixture is still too dry.
- Create medium size balls with the mixture and roll in dessicated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container and consume when you need a protein hit, snack or quick, healthy breakfast on the go.
Lynda: I Like them as they are but if you desire something sweeter at 1 tbsp of Rice Malt Syrup or Creamed Coconut to the mix. Makes 12 medium size balls.
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.