180 Nutrition: Nothing beats a turkey at Christmas time and nothing compliments a turkey like sage & onion stuffing. This healthy quinoa stuffing recipe takes it a step further and replaces the gluten and preservatives with real whole food goodness.
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly then add the quinoa and broth to a large pot. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until all the broth as been absorbed. Remove the pan from heat the fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Now add the onion and garlic in a large bowl, mix in the spices, salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes, flipping the mixture half way through.
- Assemble the stuffing by combining cooked quinoa and pecans in a large mixing bowl then stir together and add the apple cider vinegar and you’re done.