Ange: How amazing do these look! So lovely. This awesome recipe from Nelly is super easy, gluten-free and will surely satisfy your sweet cravings! I can’t wait to try it out…
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 scoop 180 Nutrition Protein Superfood* (I used Vegan Coconut)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries – make sure sugar isn’t in the ingredients!
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 160C, line baking tray with lightly greased baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix well dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla extract to lightly beaten egg whites.
- Mix well the wet and dry ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon and spoon heaping rounds of macaroon on the baking tray*
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
- In a bowl, melt dark chocolate in microwave. Drizzle dark chocolate on macaroons to finish.
- Makes 27 tablespoon-sized macaroons.
- I prefer to make larger disks of macaroons. With this recipe, that would be 3 tablespoons per macaroon. This recipe makes 9 large macaroons.