Kimmy: I add Organic Vegan Protein to this vegetarian soup for an extra protein hit. I am currently nursing my baby girl, and whilst I love the simplicity of this meal (I make it on a Sunday night and have it for a quick and easy dinner during the week), I do need the protein.
- 1⁄2 Butternut Pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1 Small Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 Tbs. each of Cumin, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, Chili
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Floret Broccoli, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tbs. 180 Nutrition Vegan Superfood Protein
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Coriander or Parsley, roughly torn
- 1L Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup of Organic Coconut Milk
- Cook the garlic and ginger in the oil until soft. Add the cinnamon, cumin, turmeric and chili and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli and zucchini to the pot and continue to simmer for 20mins.
- Add the Protein Powder, the Coconut Milk and the Coriander.
- Using a stick blender, blend everything to a smooth consistency.
- Serve with ¼ avocado and your choice of grilled fish or chicken on top of each bowl.
- Season with some Himalayan Crystal Salt and Pepper.
Big thanks to Kimberley Smith of Fit Mummy Project for this recipe. Kimmy inspires Mums to achieve post-natal weight loss and fitness in a safe and positive way through exercise and positive thinking. She created the Fit Mummy Squad because she wants to help all mums to feel the way that they deserve to feel. Beautiful. Fit and Strong. Happy, Healthy and Loved. She is part of the growing community of Mum’s who want to support other Mum’s and help to make this time of their lives as special and amazing as possible. You can connect with her here.