Lynda: As a kid I loved having nachos with Doritos or CC chips. Given that I do not want to bombard the body with processed food I decided to recreate my childhood memory with a belly friendly chip alternative. Meet my yummy gluten-free flat bread. This fella is definitely not limited to nachos, have them with any dip or as a tasty snack. I use a combination of eggplant and sweet potato chips as my alternative chip as well.
- 1 cup Almond Meal or 4 scoops 180 Nutrition protein superfood blend. (Vegan coconut)
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Zataar (or dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds)
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds (optional) such as pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl using a fork until a dough like consistency is formed
- Place dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Sprinkle olive oil over the top of the dough and cover top with another piece of baking paper
- Using a rolling pin (or I used a steel water bottle) spread the mixture out into a thin layer
- Carefully remove the top baking paper
- Carefully cut the dough into crackers of preferred size and shape
- Place tray into oven for 15 minutes or I like to place the crackers into a dehydrator for 12 hours on 55 degrees
- Remove from oven or dehydrator and let cool for a few minutes before breaking the dough into crackers
- Enjoy with dips or as a chip alternative for nachos.
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.
Start adding the 180 Superfood goodness into your diet today