Stu: Big thanks to the talents of Melanie De Laine for recreating one of my favourite desserts. In her own words… “Apple crumble has always been a favourite so I had to create a healthier version that is completely refined sugar free and so simple to make! This recipe also contains a decent serve of protein, featuring 180 Nutrition’s Natural Whey Protein Isolate in vanilla. This flavour combined with the cinnamon and coconut is just incredible! ”
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup 180 Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 70g rice malt syrup
- 50g maple syrup
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and chop all apples and put into an oven dish.
- Measure out the berries and add to same baking dish
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- In the meantime assemble the crumble topping
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine evenly.
- Add maple syrup and rice malt syrup to the mix and stir well. May need to get your hands involved to get everything coated.
- Take the fruit out of the oven and remove the foil. Spread the crumble mix on top.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Once completed, allow it to sit and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6-8, pair with vanilla ice cream, frozen yoghurt or greek yoghurt