Angela: Traditional banana bread is high in sugar, vegetable oils and gluten. My kids love nothing better than a slice of warm banana bread with butter. It doesn’t have to be full of crap… Try this easy healthy banana bread recipe. Over to Nicole with her awesome recipe:
Nicole: Thought I’d share this recipe as it is SO easy and delish. It saved me this arvo when all the kids wanted was warm banana bread. It won hands down! Sooooo I’m just going to blow my own trumpet here for a second but I MADE MY OWN banana bread… from scratch… If you knew me well, you would know how EPIC this is… as I am NO cook. However Jaysie has been bugging me for weeks to buy her some banana bread from the local bakery. We used to get it all the time and even before I knew grains were bad for us I hated it. You could just taste the sugar and the texture was awful, but she loved it. So today I decided to make my own and unbelievable as it sounds, it actually worked and it’s actually delicious!!!
- 2 scoops coconut 180 superfood
- 3 large scoops (using the 180 scooper) almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 40g coconut melted oil
- 1tsp baking soda
- 5g cinnamon
- 5g nutmeg
- 3 small apples grated
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup dark choc bits
- Add the dry ingredients together and stir.
- Whisk the eggs and melted coconut oil then add to the dry.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake @160 for about an hr.
- Check it often with a skewer. I took mine out and cut it.
- The ends were cooked by the towards the middle of the loaf the inside wasn’t quite cooked so I popped it back in for another 15mins and it was much better