Stu: With a few simple tweaks, you can make a healthy version of the commonly sweet pancake in no time at all! The benefits of this are fantastic. You’ll be eating nutrient rich food that keeps you fuller for longer and will kill those hunger pangs and cravings. You will not spike your blood sugar levels either allowing you to burn off those fat stores if needed and giving you much more stable energy… Bonus!
This is a simple breakfast to make (and be creative with) which will set you up for the day, enjoy.
Ingredients – Makes 5-6 pancakes
- 2 scoops 180 Natural Protein Superfood (vegan or original)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (no added sugar)
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Taste great topped with, nut butter, tahini, butter or berries.
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil together using a hand held blender or whisk. You may need to add more coconut milk if mixture is too thick.
- Heat small amount of coconut oil in a small-medium frying pan. Place 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into pan. Use back of the spoon to spread mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan. Do not make the pancakes too thick as it will not cook evenly.
- Cook on medium heat for approx 2 minutes each side. Makes 5-6 pancakes.