Stu: Mayonnaise is right up there as the king of condiments but store-bought versions are loaded with nasties. Ingredients like vegetable oil, sugar and natural flavours (whatever that means) can easily be replaced with healthy, simple and tasty alternatives…
Ingredients (Serves 2 cups)
- 2 eggs (organic & free-range is best)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard (Dijon works well)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups olive oil (light works better than extra virgin)
- The juice of ¼ lemon
We recommend a food processor for this one, you can use a hand whisk but it’ll feel like an upper body workout 🙂
- Combine all ingredients (except the olive oil) together in a food processor and blend slowly.
- Keep mixing and add the oil little-by-little until you get your desired mayonnaise consistency.
- That’s it, done. You can store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Got a homemade mayonnaise recipe that you’d like to share? Simply drop the details in the comments box below.