By Guy Lawrence
Big thanks to Bradley Bennett for sharing this delicious healthy paleo carrot cake recipe. I made it last week and put a picture up on our Facebook page. So due to popular demand here it is! Over to Bradley…
Ps. I made it without the optional ingredients mentioned, and it was divine.
Do you have a healthy paleo 180 recipe you would like to share with our community?
If so we’d love to hear from you. Simply email us the recipe at email@example.com … Guy
“Hey 180 Team, Im just writing to say thanks for a great product and that I’ve also found/created, a kind of awesome recipe. Im sharing it because, who can have enough recipes? Also would like to know what you think (if you make it!).
- 2 x carrots (1 grated, 1 blended)
- 1 cup 180 protein coconut or chocolate flavour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (or coconut flakes/shredded )
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1-2 tspn grated ginger (approx)
- 1 tbspn coconut oil
- 8 dates (approx)
- 1/2 – 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 tspn of bicarb soda
- 1/2 – 1 tspn nutmeg
- 1/2 an orange grated zest
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tspn organic vanilla extract
- 1 tspn maca powder
- 2 tbspn Rice malt (fructose free) or honey
- 135g walnuts (approx smashed up a little)
- Preheat the over to 170 degrees (fan forced)
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl including grated carrot, spices, 180 protein etc, except the walnuts.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a blender (orange,honey, vanilla,eggs,dates) and 1 carrot also. (grate the other). Blend until a is a relatively smooth mixture.
- Pour over wet mixture. Mix with a spoon until you have a loose batter. It it’s to loose, add some more coconut flour.
- Add in the walnuts, a little crushed. And lay out on a prepared slice tray.
- Cook for 30-40 mins (depending on the thickness of your slice. Mine usually take around 35mins.
- Enjoy this carrot like cake!
A couple of notes:
With the 1/2 – 1 tspn im pretty relaxed relaxed about the measurements. Guess it depends on what you like 🙂
Also the baking time may differ depending on thickness. It turns out quite moist!
Do you have a healthy paleo 180 recipe you would like to share with our Australia community? If so we’d love to hear from you. Simply email us the recipe at firstname.lastname@example.org … Guy
Learn How to Eat for Amazing Health
FREE video series – Learn why:
– Counting calories does not work
– Following a low fat diet is making you fat
– Exercise for weight loss is not the answer
– Many health foods are actually unhealthy
– And much more… CLICK HERE