Kimmy: This Soup! So much love! I think it is the healthiest soup on the planet! You know those weekends where you spend the whole time eating. When I have one of those weekends, I’ll make this soup on a Sunday night and have it for dinner on Sunday and Monday. Two nights of this healthy soup and I feel like I am back on track. The other awesome thing about this soup is that you can make it on the weekend. It’s perfect for cold winter nights. Freeze it and have it on stand-by for a quick mid-week healthy winter dinner.
So you may have guessed from the pic, but this soup is loaded with greens.
If this is your first time making a green soup – you just have to trust me! It tastes delicious. I serve mine with some fish or chicken and around ¼ avocado per person. It makes the soup last much longer when you pump it up with those extras!
I also love adding protein powder to this soup to make it more filling and better for you. I love 180 Nutirtion Protein Powder as it has a really natural taste and is made with all natural ingredients.
- 1⁄2 Butternut Pumpkin cut into cubes.
- 1 Tbs. each of Cumin, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs Chilli (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Floret Broccoli, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tbs. 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein or Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- 1 Bunch of Coriander or Parsley, roughly torn
- 1 tin of Cannellini Beans (optional)
- 1L Vegetable Stock or Coconut Water
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- Cook the garlic and ginger in the coconut oil until soft. Add the cinnamon, cumin, turmeric and chilli and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock or coconut water and pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli and zucchini to the pot and continue to simmer for 20mins.
- Add the Cannelini Beans if you are using them.
- Add the Protein Powder (or Chia Seeds), the Coconut Milk and the Coriander.
- Using a stick blender, blend everything to a smooth consistency.
- Serve with ¼ avocado and your choice of grilled fish or chicken on top of each bowl. Season with some Himalayan Crystal Salt and Pepper.
Big thanks to Kimberley Smith of Fit Mummy Project for this recipe. Kimmy inspires Mums to achieve post-natal weight loss and fitness in a safe and positive way through exercise and positive thinking. She created the Fit Mummy Squad because she wants to help all mums to feel the way that they deserve to feel. Beautiful. Fit and Strong. Happy, Healthy and Loved. She is part of the growing community of Mum’s who want to support other Mum’s and help to make this time of their lives as special and amazing as possible. You can connect with her here.