Stu: These simple delicious healthy protein balls are packed full of goodness, which can be prepared in less than 5 minutes. A perfectly healthy option to snack on at work or home.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 hours in the fridge to set
Makes 32 (approximately)
- 2 cups of 180 Natural Protein Superfood (chocolate or coconut)
- 1/2 a cup of melted organic coconut oil
- Fruit (Optional)
- Fresh Fruit – A whole mango or a handful of strawberries finely diced
- Dried Fruit – 1/2 a cup of dried cherries or prunes finely diced (any dried fruit will work)
Note: If you are trying to lose weight, go easy on the fruit!
- Mix the 180 Natural Protein Superfood and diced fruit in a big bow.
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix well. You will need to add enough oil to make the mixture slightly moist and sticky, so it can bind together to make a ball.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture, compress with hands and roll into a ball of desired size. (Just like making meatballs).
- Place balls on plate, keeping them separate from each other. Place the plate into the fridge over night, or for at least 1-2hrs, to allow the balls to set.
Note: If you are taking these balls to work as a snack, try and keep them cool. Keeping them in the refrigerator will ensure that they maintain their shape.