Awesome natural homemade chocolate ice cream recipe that’s great for a treat. This is way better than the shop versions as they are usually highly processed, dairy based and loaded with nasties (think sugar). This easy recipe uses the coconut milk, our favourite fruit and chocolate 180 Protein Superfood. This ice cream is way is easier to digest, allergy free and loaded with great fats. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Note: Even though it’s homemade and unprocessed, don’t eat it all at once 😉
Serves 4 people
- 2 large cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana – peel it first, I didn’t the first time 🙁
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1-2 scoops of 180 Chocolate Superfood
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- Place the cans of coconut milk in the fridge to chill for a few hours or overnight. Then flip the cans over, open them and pour the liquid at the top of the can into a separate bowl. Scrape the remaining coconut milk fat into a blender as this is the good stuff that we’ll use for the recipe.
- Now combine all of the ingredients into a high speed blender/food processor and blend until you have a nice thick and creamy consistency. After blending all the ingredients, pour the goodness into a freezer-safe container and give it a good stir every half an hour or so to avoid it becoming too solid. You may have to do this 3 or 4 times but it’s well worth it.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, serve and enjoy!