Angela: Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! Here’s what I am making on Christmas Day for dessert. A dairy free cheesecake full of food fats, protein and hidden vegetables. Over to the inspiring Angeline…
Angeline: I get such a kick out of making a dessert that I know won’t interfere with my goals, tastes great and satisfies my sweet cravings because let’s be honest we all get them. It’s about making sure you have the right food in front of you and you’ve prepped and planned so you stay on track.
Having recently becoming a new mum I’m even more passionate about what I eat because I know my little Harvey will benefit from it and to make sure I give him all the nutrients he needs to grow big and strong and to build a strong immune system to prevent against getting sick in the future. I want him to know the true value of good quality food and to know how important it is for our overall health and wellbeing.
I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as I enjoyed making it!
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 medium mango
- 2 tsps powdered gelatine
- 2 passionfruit
- 3 scoops 180 Nutrition coconut protein powder
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 2 heaped tsps granulated stevia/ Norbu sweetener or rice malt syrup
- For the base, mix the 180 protein powder, pumpkin purée, 1 tsp of the sweetener in a bowl and blend well. You can use a fork or hand held blender to get rid of any lumps. Spoon the mixture into a springform cake tin, press and pack tightly and pop in the freezer while you make the top layer.
- For the top layer, chop up the mango and blitz with a handheld electric mixer and add the coconut milk and blend well. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat gently, add the other teaspoon of granulated sweetener.
- In a small cup, add the gelatine powder and mix throughly with some cold water then add to the coconut milk to allow the gelatine to dissolve. This should only take a few minutes and then allow to cool slightly.
- Pour mixture over the base and pop back into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once the top layer is set, spoon over the passionfruit and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Other Posts By Angeline:
- Wonder what it takes to become a sports fitness model?
- Food diaries from a sports model
- Discover How a Personal Trainer/Sports Model Handles Pregnancy & Clean Eating