“This is not a drill… I whipped these babies up with my @180nutrition coconut superfood protein blend, a vegan protein that came highly recommended by my nutritionist and I love it because it doesn’t bloat me like whey protein or some other vegan protein blends. These are the perfect mid afternoon snack for when you may feel those caffeine or sugar cravings setting in.”
Ingredients (Makes 8-10)
- 50g Superfood Protein Blend (coconut)
- 20g cacao powder
- 80g almond butter
- 50g roasted (or raw) hazelnuts
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 60g almond meal
- 9g gelatine powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I’ve used pure maple syrup)
- 200mL coconut milk
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven if you fancy roasting the hazelnuts – 180 deg Celsius and roast hazelnuts on a tray for about 15 mins.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz well. You may have to stir a few times. **Note: all plant milks differ in thickness so please add gradually so the mix isn’t too runny. If it is, add a little more almond meal**
- Place mix in fridge for 30 mins before you can roll into balls.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate (dairy free) and some crushed hazelnuts. Store in fridge for a few days or in the freezer long term and thaw out when you are ready to eat.