Not into sweet muffins? Caroline has done it again with another delicious healthy recipe – savoury protein enriched broccoli cheese muffins. Perfect for any lunchbox and will stop you reaching for those high carb fixes! These are to die for hot out of the oven with a hint of rosemary and a nob of butter on.
Yours to own and eat in under 30 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut, almond or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut flour or almond meal or besan flour
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheese of choice
- 1 tab parmesan
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 scoop 180 Superfood Protein Blend (coconut)
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- 1 tab lemon juice
Blend together eggs, melted butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Whisk in the coconut flour and 180 until there are no lumps. Fold in the broccoli, cheese, parsley and lemon juice and zest.
Pop into a muffin tray. Makes 4 good sized muffins
Bake at 180 degrees for about 30min.
These are delicious lunch box additions.