Angela: These protein balls are my new favourite. They are paleo, gluten free, raw and vegan friendly. How good is that! This awesome recipe is from our friends the Mental Foodies… over to KT and Ash:
- 3 scoops of 180 protein Superfood chocolate
- 3 tbsp. raw cacao
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 cups dates
- 1 tsp. pink himalayan salt
- desiccated coconut for rolling
- SOAK your dates in a bowl with hot water. Put enough hot water in to cover up the dates.
- DRAIN your dates and pop into a blender with the rest of the other ingredients.
- BLEND until all ingredients combined.
- WET your hands and roll the mixture into balls.
- COAT balls in coconut and pop into the freezer to firm up.
- KEEP in the freezer and eat.
Makes about 20 balls but this will depend on how big you like your balls.
These taste SO GOOD. They are an EPIC post workout little replenish-er or even a pre workout fuel. They boost your mood due to the cacao content and the pink salt acts as an electrolyte replacement and muscle relaxant. What are you waiting for? Make these.
Angela: You can find more awesome recipes here.