Ange: These paleo superfood caramel bars are amazing! Perfect little bundles of goodness. Great for a healthy treat, no nasties in sight…
- ½ cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1 scoop Superfood Protein (Vegan Chocolate)
- ½ cup dates*
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dates*
- 1 ½ cup full fat coconut cream, use one that contains at least 75% coconut content
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- In a food processor, pulse buckwheat groats until coarse flour form. Add Superfood protein, rehydrated dates and coconut oil. Blend until well mixed. Pour into a Tupperware container lined with saran wrap. Press down evenly to form base.
- Using the food processor again, blend all the ingredients for the caramel filling until smooth. Pour onto the base and spread evenly. Freeze for 2 hour until solid.
- To make the chocolate glaze, in a bowl, mix well the cacao, melted coconut oil and maple syrup with a spoon. Reheat in microwave as required to get dipping chocolate consistency.
- Cube the frozen caramel bars. Dip bar into chocolate sauce. Ready to serve when glaze set. Refrigerate to keep.
- Serves 12.
* Soak dried dates in hot water until soften and drain of liquid before use. Tip: Cover dried dates in hot water and microwave for 1 minute to quicken rehydration time.
Thank you Nelly Belly for the awesome recipe.