Big thanks to the wonderful Georgia Harding from Well Nourished for this delicious festive recipe…
Whilst this Self Saucing Ginger Pudding is satisfyingly sweet, because it contains a nice balance of complex carbohydrate, plenty of protein and healthy fats (thanks 180 Superfood Protein blend), it won’t leave you feeling low like many desserts – Christmas Pudding I’m looking at you!
- 80 grams butter melted
- 120 ml ½ cup milk of your choice (coconut, nut or regular)
- 1 large free-range or organic egg beaten
- 50 grams ⅓ cup approx. coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 60 grams / two scoops 180 Superfood Protein blend, coconut
- 65 grams wholegrain spelt flour see gluten and grain-free below
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 85 grams of sweetener rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- ¾ cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 180℃. Grease 4 ramekins.
- In a blender or food processor, mix together the butter, milk, egg, coconut sugar and cinnamon until well combined and frothy.
- Add the coconut 180 Superfood Protein blend, flour, sea salt and baking powder.
- Mix until just combined (don’t over mix or the pudding will become heavy).
- Divide the batter between the four ramekins and place on a small baking tray (makes it easier to pop in the oven).
- In a small jug make the syrup by combining the sweetener and hot water. Mix to combine and carefully pour over the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the puddings are golden and crisp on top. The sauce will be absorbed into the middle and base of the ramekin (forming a lovely sticky syrup).