Ange: These Superfood Pikelets serve as a great breakfast or lunchbox snack. They are easy to make, and are healthier option than store-bought alternatives.
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour*
- 1 scoop Protein Superfood (Vegan Coconut)
- 1 tablespoon LSA
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon organic rice bran syrup
- In a large bowl, mix well oat flour, Protein Superfood, LSA and baking powder
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg, milk and rice bran syrup.
- Combine wet to dry ingredients, the batter will be thick
- Heat griddle to medium heat, oil pan well. Butter egg rings or crumpet rings and place onto griddle, scoop 2 tablespoon full of batter into each ring. Cook until risen 2-3 minutes. Remove ring and flip pikelet to cook the other side. Ready when nicely browned.
- Makes 9 pikelets
Notes + Inspiration: Serve with fruits and yogurt. Batch make these and keep them in the freezer. Defrost and toast for a quick breaky or snack solution!
*To make oat flour: Take regular gluten-free oatmeal and pulse in a food processor or spice grinder until finely grounded.
Thank you Nelly Belly for the awesome recipe.
find more amazing recipes here