Kimmy: If you are like me, and have turmeric powder sitting in your cupboard and no idea what to do with it – here is a great snack you’ll love. Here are just a couple of reasons why Turmeric is so good for you.
Three Benefits of Turmeric:
- Detoxification – Turmeric supports liver detoxifcation.
- Anti-inflammatory – Turmeric contains curcumin (which gives it the yellow colour). The curcumin within turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Antioxidant – Curcumin neutralizes free radicals on its own, then stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- 1 + 1/3 cup mixed nuts
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Mix
- 2 Tbs. 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein
- 1/2 Cup Apricots
- 1/2 Cup Dried Paw Paw
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Add the dry ingredients, the nuts, protein powder and Turmeric powder to a high speed blender and blend till loosely combined for around 10 seconds.
- Add the wet ingredients including the apricots, paw paw, coconut oil and vanilla to the blender and blend until combined. Add a little more water if you need.
- Using a dessert spoon, roll into small bowls and then place on a tray in the fridge to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Big thanks to Kimberley Smith of Fit Mummy Project for this recipe. Kimmy inspires Mums to achieve post-natal weight loss and fitness in a safe and positive way through exercise and positive thinking. She created the Fit Mummy Squad because she wants to help all mums to feel the way that they deserve to feel. Beautiful. Fit and Strong. Happy, Healthy and Loved. She is part of the growing community of Mum’s who want to support other Mum’s and help to make this time of their lives as special and amazing as possible. You can connect with her here.