Guy: What better way to start the day than some wheat and gluten free 180 Protein Superfood pancakes! We are big fans of avoiding wheat and gluten in the diet, and these are just the ticket for having nutrient dense healthy breakfast, instead of the regular highly processed breakfast cereals and toast.
If you avoid dairy or follow a paleo diet, skip the ricotta cheese and go for some berries instead. Big thanks to Caroline Howe for the recipe!
Gluten Free Pancake Ingredients
Serves 6 people
- 1 & a 1/3 cups of ricotta cheese
- 3/4 of a cup of coconut water (or liquid of choice)
- 5 eggs separated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 a cup of 180 coconut powder
- 1/2 a cup of coconut flour
- pinch of himalayan rock salt
- Tbs of coconut oil for pan frying
- Place the ricotta cheese, coconut water and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the 180 coconut protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder and salt into the ricotta mixture.
- Place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites through the ricotta batter mix in two batches using a metal spoon to stop the air bubbles from disappearing.
- Put the coconut oil into the pan on a low heat. The trick with the mixture is to cook it slowly because the batter can be unstable if cooked to fast. So take your time, play with the temperature, but a slow and steady cook will get you a better result in the end.
Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with fresh fruit or whatever you like.