Stu: Kick-start Sunday these protein boosted zucchini and quinoa fritters from accredited sports dietitian Claire Saundry. Boost your protein intake with the new range of premium quality whey protein isolates. Natural. Soy free. Gluten Free.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 zucchinis, grated (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup your choice of flour
- ¾ cup 180 Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate Natural
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
Smashed Avocado and Cottage cheese:
- 1 avocado
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- Lemon juice
- Makes: 10-12 fritters
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Add quinoa, grated zucchini, eggs, plain flour, Whey Protein, spring onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray over medium-high heat. Add heaped tablespoons of mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- To make avocado and cottage cheese smash, mash avocado in a small bowl, add lemon juice, chopped cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve fritters with smashed avocado and drizzle with lemon juice.