Lynda: I often get asked do I recommend a “Green’s formula”? And if so, “which one”? The answer to this is YES, I regularly use and recommend Greens Plus from 180 Nutrition. I became an ambassador of 180 Nutrition because I believe in the quality and efficacy of their superfoods and find their simple, natural and clean formulas suitable for many sensitive bellies.
Why Are Greens a Good Addition to the Diet?
We accumulate so many toxins in our body from the food that we eat, the lifestyle choices we make and the environment we are exposed to. These toxins wreak havoc and may present as hormone imbalances, weight gain, chronic fatigue, digestive issues, headaches, poor memory, concentration and poor immunity to name a few. Regularly clearing toxins from the body benefits your overall health profoundly and helps keep you operating at your very best.
I am a big believer in consuming plant based, whole foods packed full of detox supportive ingredients to reduce toxic overload and improve my bodies own ability to remove waste properly every single day.
An easy way to get such nutrients into your day is to use a quality greens powder such as Greens Plus. Greens Plus powder is a combination of vegetables, leafy greens, algae, superfoods and antioxidant rich berries. I recommend this formula to many and use it daily in my smoothies, homemade healthy breakfast bars, gluten free pancakes and raw treats.
A Few Reasons to Love Greens Plus
Greens Plus contains sulphur rich, cruciferous vegetables, chlorophyll, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals which are anti-inflammatory, alkalising, detoxifying and energising.
How Does This Benefit Your Health?
- Promotes healthy ageing;
- Cancer preventative;
- Promotes healthy digestion and detoxification – thus happy, healthy and satisfying regular poos;
- Provides energy – a toxic body is an exhausted body. Greens nourish the detox organs, clears out toxic waste and improves oxygen delivery throughout the body. Learn about toxic overload here.
- Supports hormone and blood sugar balance;
- Promotes healthy heart function;
- Supports the immune system – thus better resistance to infection and ill health.
- Promotes a healthy mood (memory, happiness, calm) – there is a communication system between the gut and brain, called the gut-brain axis. A healthy, diverse gut microbiome (gut flora) directly affects this communication and contributes to a happy, healthy mood. Toxic build up affects gut flora (microbiome) and can therefore affect your mental health.
- Assists healthy weight management.
Many greens formulas contain lots of ingredients, which mean not enough of each to make a big difference to overall health. Greens Plus has only eleven ingredients, therefore you are getting a good dose of each individual nutrient. It is all natural too and without sweeteners or chemical additives to improve the flavour. I feel confident recommending this blend to people and love how energised and great it makes me feel.
Greens plus contains – barleygrass*, wheatgrass*, alfalfa*, broccoli, spinach, blueberry, acai berry, goij berry, spirulina*, chlorella*, kelp. (*organic). Greens plus is gluten and dairy free and is vegan friendly.
This article is brought to you by Lynda Griparic. She is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist, Writer and Speaker with over 14 years of experience in the health industry. Lynda specialises in gut health and weight loss. She has extensive experience in running healthy, effective and sustainable weight loss programs and has expertise in investigating and treating the underlying causes of weight gain, metabolic problems and gut disturbance. If you would like to book a consultation with Lynda, CLICK HERE
- Cancer preventative
- Healthy Ageing
- Hormones and blood sugar balance
- Healthy mood
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Immune supportive – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4527060/
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.