180 Ambassador – Angeline Norton: It’s hard to believe these brownie muffins are so easy to do and gluten free! You have to make them to believe how good they are and super fudgey with a real chocolate hit!
- 1.5 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup Organic Hemp Plus
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Natvia sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/3 cup (55g) dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plant milk (coconut/nut etc)
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chis seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat your oven to 180*C
- In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Set to one side while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. A thick gel like mixture will form and this will act as a binder, binding all the ingredients together whilst also providing some extra moisture.
- Place all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, oil, vanilla and the chia eggs (once they’re set). If you’re using coconut oil, make sure you melt it before adding to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture of wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.
Thank you Angeline for the awesome recipe. You can connect with Angeline here.