180 Ambassador – Angeline Norton: So looking after a newborn is tough especially with the sleep deprivation and what’s harder is trying to stick to a healthy eating plan when your tired and run down so I always try and make sure I have some healthy treats on hand when those sweet cravings kick in or when I’m super stressed getting the little ones to bed and don’t reach for something unhealthy!
It’s hard to believe these brownie muffins are 100 sugar free and also oil free. You have to make them to believe how good they are and super fudgey with a real chocolate hit!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (250 g)
- ½ cup raw almonds (75 g)
- ½ quinoa flakes (60 g)
- 1/3 cup 180 Nutrition Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Nativa sweetener (or 1/4 cup maple syrup/rice malt syrup)
- Peel the sweet potatoes, chop them and steam or boil them until soft (about 25 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- When the sweet potatoes are cold, place the almonds in a food processor and blend them to make almond flour.
- Add the quinoa flakes and blend again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend one more time.
- Place the batter into a silicone mini muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes. (I like mine quite fudgey in the middle). Baking time may vary depending on the oven you’re using.
- Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before allowing to cook on a wire rack.