Angela: How amazing does this look! So pretty. Another awesome recipe from our ambassador Angeline. It’s high in protein, good fats, gluten free and paleo friendly. I can’t wait to make it…over to you Angeline :)
Angeline: I’ve wanted to make a slice like this for a while now but thought it must too complicated to make but I can’t believe how easy it was. I must admit I did plan to make some protein balls but then decided to change my mind and make a raw slice instead so this recipe was a last minute creation. What makes this recipe different from others is that I’ve made this slice using gelatine which is very good for gut health so that’s an added bonus! I’ve also used some dried fruit which I don’t normally use in my recipes but I came across a brand called Table Top Grapes and they have no added sugar or sulphites which is hard to come across so I decided to use them to help bind the slice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and it was a hit with my mum and family so that’s a guarantee that others will love it too and they are a tough crowd to please!
- 4 scoops of chocolate 180 Nutrition protein powder
- 1 cup activated hazelnuts
- 1 cup no sugar added currants (you could use mejool dates instead)
- 1 tbsp granulated stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 shot espresso organic coffee
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia
- 4 sheets gelatine soaked in cold water
- For the main slice, place all the ingredients in a food processor along with the coffee and melted coconut oil and blitz for a 2 minutes.
- Pour into a spring board cake tin and pack down tightly and pop in the freezer to set.
- For the topping, heat a can of coconut milk in a saucepan and add berries and stevia and pulse with an electric hand blender, add gelatine until dissolved and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour topping over the slice and pop back into freezer for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once set, decorate with a few extra berries on top.
Other Posts By Angeline:
- Wonder what it takes to become a sports fitness model?
- Food diaries from a sports model
- Discover How a Personal Trainer/Sports Model Handles Pregnancy & Clean Eating