We live in a fast paced world that demands us to be on the go. Smoothies have made life easier. They are a natural quick fix meal and snack alternative. The 180 smoothie is what you need in your busy day to day life. With the limitless benefits that they offer they are the ideal meal or snack for anyone that wants to be healthy on the go.
We often struggle with managing careers, family and personal life. The 180 Nutrition Protein Superfood helps your body to absorb the nutrition offered in every sip. Do you feel exhausted even early during the day? You need a smoothie with 180 Natural Protein Superfood. They provide your body with right balance of carbs, protein and good fats needed to provide you with the strength to function throughout the day. For those people who want to lose weight it will help you achieve your natural body weight and reduce sugar cravings. Whatever recipe you choose, you can tweak it to fit your preferences and tastes. You can find lots of awesome recipes here.
These superfood smoothie formulas are available in vegan or original versions and use natural ingredients such as: grassfed whey protein isolate, stevia, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, cocoa, almonds, coconut flour, sunflower kernels, psyllium husks and pumpkin seeds.
There is also the debate between the health benefits of juicing and blending. Here are the benefits of blending (smoothies):
- Include fibre so you feel fuller for longer
- Keeps you regular & is essential for removing inflammatory toxins from the body
- You can include protein and good fats making it a whole food; coconut oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, chia seeds, 180 protein Superfood
- You can use smoothies as a meal replacement and snack
- They don’t spike blood sugar levels
- Increase nutrient levels by including the fibre
- Don’t need an expensive juicers. You can use a blender which most of us have in the kitchen and can be used for lots of things
- Include good fats and leafy greens – leafy greens contain essential vitamins A, E, K and D and are only absorbed in the presence of fat
Unlike in blending, in juicing there is no protein, fiber or good fats so it is not advisable to use juices as a meal replacements. When you blend, the fibers are not removed and therefore a smoothie keeps you satisfied for longer. You can also add protein and good fats to your smoothies making it a meal supplement.
Here is a recipe that keeps your energy levels up without tampering with your blood sugar levels.
- Half an avocado
- I tsp cocoa powder
- Half a tsp of vanilla bean powder
- 1 scoop 180 nutrition powder
- Half a grapefruit shave the skin but leave some of the pith
- 200 ml distilled water
Gather all the ingredients and simply blend them. You are sure to enjoy it and fill up on nutrients. 🙂