Guy: These Berrylicious high protein pancakes by Keira are that simple, even I can make them! The perfect breakfast to whip up in under 10 minutes, and great after an early morning workout when the appetite is firing. Enjoy! Over to Keira…
Keira: Having recently tried to cut down my sugar and gluten intake, I began making test batches of ‘protein’ pancakes. The first ones came out too eggy (used too many eggs in the first batch) the next came out too grainy (way too much protein powder and LSA)… But after a couple batches, I hit jackpot.
- Handful of berries
- Coconut oil
- Pinch of stevia (you can opt not to have this)
- 1 x 50g Coconut 180 Natural Protein SuperFood
- 1 tablespoon LSA
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
1. Heat a small teaspoon of coconut oil in a non stick pan.
2. Whisk all ingredients, until it becomes lump free, adding in the half of the berries at the last minute.
3. Spoon mixture onto the pan, wait until it bubbles and becomes golden, and then flip.
4. Remove from heat.
If you feel that your pancakes are a little dry, heat a little bit more coconut oil, toss the raspberries and blueberries and heat through. This will create a little ‘sauce’ to coat the pancakes…and will also not tempt you to reach for that maple syrup!
I have used berries here, but you can easily opt for bananas if you would prefer. You can also add some chia seeds, but make sure you add some more liquid as these little seeds will absorb anything!
I liked these so much I even made a batch the night before and cooked up after training one morning. Made them in about 5 minutes and it’s a nice little variation to my morning regime. Enjoy!! Kx
You can learn more about Keira here.