By Guy Lawrence
Guy: I don’t think any words can describe how seriously tasty these protein balls recipe are! Think of all your good fats, natural proteins and unprocessed carbs rolled into one, that you just keep wanting more of… I’m sure you get the idea! Big thanks to Keira for the recipe. Word of warning though, only take what you want to eat for your 3pm fix, as you will scoff the lot otherwise! Over to Kiera…
Keira: I must admit, I am guilty for the 3pm afternoon sugar cravings. Thanks to my trainer, I normally forgo these cravings and go on a hunt for a protein smoothie of some sort. However, wanting a cheaper and easier option, I decided to give these little balls a go, and oh how this was a good idea!
These raw, protein packed, antioxidants rich 100% high protein vegan balls, are perfect for that little craving, without the complete and utter guilt that comes after consumption.
- 13 dates
- 1 ½ cup of raw almonds
- 3 x 50g scoops of WPI
- 1 1/12 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- 10 goji berries (soaked)
- Handful of chia seeds
- Handful of organic coconut flakes (ground)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Pop the almonds, cacao, cinnamon, chia seeds and protein powder in a food processor, blitz until a crumbly texture occurs.
2. Combine the dates, blitz. Gradually add the coconut butter, water and goji berries until the mixture comes together.
3. Once all together, pop in fridge for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, roll a small bite size piece into a ball, and then roll in your choice of covering, I have covered these in ground coconut flakes.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The perfect high protein vegan amazeball!
You can learn more about Keira here.