This stunning recipe is from the lovely girls over at Clean Bites. Easy to make and tastes amazing. The chocolate brownies are perfect for parties and that weekend treat :)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop (30 grams) 180 chocolate superfood protein blend
- To make the base – Put dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water Allow dates to soak for 15 minutes to soften. Drain the water but don’t discard.
- Mix together dates, almonds, walnuts, ¼ cup of cocoa powder and protein powder in a food processor until well blended. Slowly add enough of the water used to soakthe dates until the mixture combines together and is no longer dry.
- Line a 9 x 5 baking pan with plastic glad wrap. Spread mixture in the pan until evenly distributed, pressing down gently with a spoon or fingers.
- To make the topping – Mix together bananas, almond butter and remaining cocoa in the food processor until well blended.
- Spread mixture over base layer until evenly distributed.
- 6. Place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
Note – You can re-freeze whatever you don’t eat and enjoy it another time