Angela: This easy and delicious healthy bread recipe is rich in quality protein and magnesium from the tahini and cacao. It is also free of gluten and refined carbohydrates making this a healthy bread alternative that will not cause bloating, belly discomfort or interrupt your weight loss plans :)
Ingredients (10-15 Slices)
- 1 cup walnuts (or almonds)
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- ½ cup hulled tahini
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp stevia powder (optional)
- 3 heaped scoops 180 Natural Protein Superfood (Coconut vegan or whey)
- ½ tsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup purified water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Stick all ingredients into a blender until mixture becomes creamy. It is ok to have a few chunks of nuts in your mix.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour mix into tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Cover top with baking paper so as not to burn and bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Check if ready by using a bamboo skewer down the centre of the bread. If skewer comes out clean, then it’s ready to be eaten.
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.