Angela: I love these gluten-free tartlets. High in good fats, protein and nutrient dense. Great for lunch or a snack. You could play around with the fillings. I can’t look past the avocado and spicy butter bean puree great combo!
Ingredients – Superfood Tartlet
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 scoop 180 Superfood (Vegan Coconut)
- 2 tablespoons milk or milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 egg whites, whipped until foamy
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients – Filling
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- Hot chili pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- Sliced lemon
- Preheat oven to 165C, lightly grease 4-inch baking tart tins.
- In food processor or blender, pulse buckwheat groats to make buckwheat meal/flour. Transfer content to a large bowl.
- Mix in Superfood and salt until well mixed. Add your choice of milk, coconut oil, and whipped egg whites. Mix with fork until coarse crumbs form. Makes roughly 2 cups of crumbs.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop crumbs into baking tart tins. Pack down lightly, using thumb to push up crumbs to form edges.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and the edges come away from the sides.
- Make butter bean puree by blending butter beans, garlic, flaxseed oil, and water until thick and smooth. Add more water or oil to get your preferred consistency.
- Chop up sun-dried tomatoes and hot chili pepper and mix into butter bean puree.
- To assemble, scoop butter bean puree into Superfood tartlet and top with sliced avocado and a squeeze of lemon juice.