Stu: Lemon and coconut make a great flavour combination so what better than a delicious protein enriched slice. Make a batch of these at the weekend and take your snacks to the next level 🙂
- 1 cup almonds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 medjool dates
- 50g of Superfood Protein Blend (Coconut)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80ml coconut water
- Soak dates in hot water for 5 minutes until soft.
- Place almonds into food processor until coarse crumbs appear.
- Add dates and lemon zest and process until smooth, slowly adding the coconut protein powder or flour.
- When well combined place in a lined slice tin and put in the freezer until hard.
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the liquid from the cashews and place in blender.
- Add vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut water. Blend until smooth.
- Remove base mixture from the freezer and add icing. Freeze for a further 2 hours or overnight.
Big thanks to health and nutrition coach, fitness instructor and self-taught cook Hollie of Powered by Veggies for this recipe. You can connect with her here.