Ange: Yes these are real and yes they are healthy!!! Here’s to everyone who thought that they would never taste another donut after adopting a ‘clean eating’ lifestyle. I can confirm that they taste as good as they look 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein (Vegan Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 large ripe bananas (~350g)
- 1/2 teaspoons instant dried coffee
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 free range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Lightly grease donut pan.
- Use a large bowl to mix the first 7 dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas. Using a hand mixer, further puree the mashed bananas and add the instant dried coffee. Mix until dissolved.
- Slightly melt the coconut oil in a microwave until soft. Add to banana mixture. Mix well.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the banana mixture.
- Mix the wet ingredients to the dry until batter is smooth and well-mixed.
- Measure 1/4 cup of batter per each donut. Bake for 12 minutes or until the donut springs back to the touch.
Makes 15 donuts
- Notes + Insipration
- Eat as a naked donut for the healthiest version
- Alternatively top with cocoa nibs
- or… make a healthy glaze with two tablespoons of mashed banana mixed in a tablespoon of cocoa powder or a dash of ground cinnamon.
Thank you Nelly Belly for the awesome recipe.
find more amazing recipes here